Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Dr. Dollars' playoff predictions 2022

 


Dollars 2022 HTPB playoff picks

Here we go boys, another HTPB season about to kick off.  Last year was a tough year not only for my squad but my playoff picks as well.    Congrats to the 2021 champ The Collegians who was not one of my playoff picks.  Not that these players would have changed my mind but Hunter Renfrow and Amon-ra St Brown were both wavier wire pick ups who tore it up down the stretch.  A great example of how a few GM moves during the year can make all the difference.  Who will be that GM this year?  Luckily I haven’t had any of my drafted players season end yet.  That being said I’m back to picking myself for a playoff spot like I always have except for last year.  These picks are my bias take on teams according to how I view the players each team drafted in combination with how I perceive GM involvement/capabilities.  

Eh Bid Dude
Received my highest draft day grade A-
CMC is one of the biggest reasons, I can’t get the 20+ point per game entire season out of my head.  No TD! doesn’t matter CMC still had 20+ was crazy to see.  He’s gotta be healthy by now right?  Mahomes is another player that can go Nuts on the scoreboard staked with CEH who I’m betting will see an increase in receiving work.  Pitts, a phenom at TE who has #1 TE potential.  Keeper WR Mike Williams  who had some monster games last year, no reason not to expect more of the same.  RBs 2&3 Montgomery and CEH, solid volume plays that should get a good amount of rushing and receiving work.  WR 2 is a question mark, will one of his drafted rookies step up?  EBD is a GM that will make moves if necessary.  Just a scary team overall, feel like he can out score anyone any given week!

Italian stallions 
Draft day grade B as he snatched 3 of the players I was targeting in the first 4 rounds.  QB Russel Wilson who I so badly wanted this year!  I would be surprised if he doesn’t end the season as a top 5 QB.  WR Michael Pittman who I think will finish top 10 at the position drafted in the 2nd round and I thought I could possibly get him in the third!  Stupid mock drafts….   Anchored by RB Dalvin Cook a player who has serious top 3 finish upside.  Love AJ Dillon a strong RB2.   Keeper RB Rhamondre Stevenson is nice flex play/depth piece.  He used 6 of his 7 picks in rounds 5-12 and selected WRs.  Of the bunch I especially like Rashod Bateman, a strong breakout candidate.  The Depth at WR should give him flexibility though out the long fantasy season.  According to ADP he definitely had some reaches but I think I liked every one of them.  

The Collegians
Defending champ,  draft day grade B-
Really like Joe Mixon and his situation coming into this season.  Keeper James Connor is a very nice RB2, not particularly high on him myself but he’s in a good offense and is projected to do well again this season.  Solid group of WRs,  my favorite of which is Mike Evans who has my QB throwing to him so I’m hoping for another big year.  Other WRs include Terry McLaurin, Amari Cooper, and Jakobi Meyers are all #1 WR for their teams, and should provide consistent fantasy points.  However, none of them are in great offenses.  TE Kmet who should see heavy volume and score more than 0 TDs this season but another player not on the greatest offense.  A Good fantasy QB who I feel neutral about.  Dak Prescott who I believe has never finished outside the top 10 amongst QBs when healthy. Overall a solid team that just isn’t very sexy.  

Hardcore Cabinet 
Draft day grade B.  Started his draft off with one of my favorite 1st and 2nd round pick combinations.  Kamara and Javonte Williams will be the catalysts that make this team go.  Loaded with a bunch of solid, young, on the rise WRs.  Keeper Waddle, Moony, St.Brown and Marquise Brown.  Also, an additional 4 WRs for a total of 8 WRs!  Can start four each week if he needs to.  Great depth and flexibility for a long season.  Trendy late round QB pick Trey Lance who has tremendous upside with his ability to make plays with his legs and a savvy offensive play caller.  Mediocre TE Zach Ertz had a nice stretch of fantasy production last year.  Could receive that extra volume again during Hopkins’ suspension.  

Bricklayers 
Draft Day Grade B-  I’m betting on Travis Kelce to continue his domination at the TE position to put the Layers into the playoffs.  RB is not currently the strength of this team but I do really like the potential of Etienne, Pollard, D Henderson and D Pierce.  Think there is good chance that at least 2 of the 4 finish within the top 25 at RB.  With his first and third round picks he selected 2 WRs I absolutely love this year Diggs and Sutton.  Followed them up with some later round WRs I like as well Gallup, Aiyuk, Isaiah McKenzie and Josh Palmer all of which play on above average offensives.  Fantasy experts hotness pick At QB Jalen Hurts.  I myself was not as sold on him but he has been really good for fantasy and adding a weapon like AJ Brown does boost his potential upside.  Just a sexy above average team!

Ogre’s Death Squad
Draft day grade C+ The Grade should have been higher on draft day.  Keeper in the 4th QB Josh Allen who seems to put up big points every week and I think has been the #1 Fantasy QB each of the last 2 years.  Derrick Henry with his first round selection seems nerve-racking to rely on after last year.  However, it was just a foot injury and he was back by years end.  A dominant fantasy RB1 to pair with Josh Allen!  His top 3 WRs are very good and consistent fantasy contributors.  I don’t believe any of them go out and win you a week on their own but that’s Josh Allen and Derrick Henry’s role on this team.  I’m not impressed with Kareem Hunt as his RB2 but he has been a serviceable RB2 and should continue to be.  TE Freiermuth had a nice rookie season and could be even better this year if the Steelers have decent QB play.  

No comments:

Post a Comment